compiled for Mandriva 2011 x86_64
by Robert M. Stockmann (email@example.com)
The lightweight browser Opera Version 12.16 is migrated
to Mandriva 2011 x86_64. For that to work one needs to upgrade the
openssl and rootcerts kit on your Mandriva 2011 machine.
(see the rootcerts upgrade).
Installing opera-12.16-2-mdv2011.0.x86_64 is rather straight forward :
1. rpm -Uhv lib64sctp1-1.0.11-4-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm \
2. rpm -Uhv openssl-1.0.1e-4-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm \
3. rpm -Uhv rootcerts-20131114.00-5-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm \
4. rebuild and install your openssh SRPM/RPMS.
5. upgrade wget from version 1.12 to 1.14 or higher : wget-1.14-4.2
6. upgrade curl from version 7.21.7 to 7.28.1 or higher : curl-7.28.1-8
7. also upgrade lib64nss3 to version 3.14 or higher as
3.14 solves the following problem : media.defcon.org-nss3-3.13.5.png
which after upgrade looks like this : media.defcon.org-nss3-3.14.3.png
so install lib64nss upgrade from the (thunderbird upgrade) as well :
rpm -Uhv lib64nss3-3.14.3-1-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm
8. A renewed upgrade of lib64nss3 to version 3.21 is needed.
Read the upgrade details README.txt
9. rpm -Uhv opera-12.16-2-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm
NB. To download all files from this directory in one swoop use
The result is surprising, stunning and effective as the obtained speed
increase compared to the previous installed opera-11.52-0.1-mdv2011.0.x86_64
is clearly visible.