Active@ Data CD/DVD Burner
Data size limit - 500 MB
Active@ Data CD/DVD Burner is software used to burn files and folders onto CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW,
HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
To start the burning process choose files and folders to be added (burned) and press the BURN button.
How to write files and folders to the CD DVD disk.
There are several steps you can take to burn files and folders to the
Data CD/DVD disk:
Step 1. Select files and folders to be added in the Base and Root areas.
- add file
- Base - Base folder containing files and subfolders that will be added to the root of the CD/DVD. Use the browse button to change the base folder via a standard Browse for Folder... dialog. Double click the folder to open it in Windows Explorer.
- Additional files and folders (located on the same or other drives)
that will be added to the CD/DVD. Use the Add File/Folder buttons next
to the Root area to add folders and files via a standard dialog. You
can also Drag and Drop files and folders here from Windows Explorer.
Double-clicking on the item will open it in Windows Explorer. If you
clear the check box on the left of the item - this item will not be
burned, but will be kept in the settings for future use.
- add folder
- clear item
Step 2. In the Burning Options - type in a Disc Label. Specify how the path is applied to extra files and folders.
Step 3. Select you CD/DVD Burner from the pull down menu. Select the burning speed.
Insert a blank CD/DVD disk into the CD/DVD drive and click the BURN ! button. See the progress. To cancel the data burning process click the STOP button.
Click the Settings link to open the Burner Settings dialog. Default settings are shown below.
The list of available settings to choose from:
- Finalize Media - the parameter performs media finalizing after burning is complete
- Perform BURN-Proof - the parameter sets the status of BURN-Proof (Buffer Under RuN error Proof) flag which protects against the BURN error
- Perform OPC -
the parameter sets the status of a flag for performing OPC before
burning. Performing OPC is a special technique used in the newer
CD-Recorders for monitoring and maintaining the quality of disc writing
and ensures the accuracy of all the mark and lands lengths across the
disc. The term Performing OPC describes a general process which is also
known by several trade names including "Dynamic Power Control (DPC)"
and "Direct Read During Write (DRDW)". There may be differences in
execution which gives some of these implementations competitive
advantages over others
- Default rewritable media erase - if
the media type is re-writable (CD-RW, DVD-RW, etc.), selecting this
option will erase the media automatically every time before burning
starts. If turned off - you will be asked to confirm the erase action.
- Default Max write speed - if turned on - burner has been set up to use maximum writing speed. If turned off - one step below maximum.
- Cache Buffer Size
- size of the cache buffer in megabytes. Gives a basic level of Buffer
Under RuN Error Protection using software buffers. The data, to be
burnt, is kept in the system RAM, before it is burnt to the disc.
How to Register the Active@ Data CD/DVD Burner Software
To register the software, choose Register Software...
from the System menu (click on the CD icon at the top left corner of the dialog).
The Enter Key dialog box appears:
- If you have not purchased your registration key yet, click Buy Now! to go to our web site and purchase it online.
- In the Name field, type in the name exactly as it is given to you after the purchase is complete.
- In the Key field, type in your registration key, or you may copy your registration key and paste it in this field.
- Click OK.